Skip to main content

Battlefield 3: Multiplayer Beta First Impressions

     With the recent release of the Battlefield 3: Public Access Multiplayer Beta, I have much to say. This game appears, to me atleast, to have changed. I felt as if I wasn't playing the Battlefield I was used to.

     The urban multiplayer map available in the Beta appeared to be somewhat of a change to the Battlefield genre. I am used to the large open-world maps available in it's predecessors, such as Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The Operation Metro map holds a surprising change to the series, and I believe it is a change for the good. This type of map gave the feel of a more tactical online shooter experience. With close quarter combat always seeming to lurk around the corner, you have to be constantly on you guard.

     Teamwork appears to play an essential role in Battlefield 3 multiplayer. It is very difficult to acquire kills and advance into the enemy lines moving as a "lone-wolf." I found myself, to quote the Hangover, moving in with my "Wolf Pack."

     Anyway, more to come from my Beta experience and from the game itself upon release in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Batman: Arkham City "Pay Your Respects" Achievement/Trophy Guide

Get some help earning the "Pay Your Respect" achievement/trophy in Batman: Arkham City.  

Firefox Add-on Helps Earn Swagbucks using Swagbucks TV

Learn how to earn from Swagbucks TV without doing anything with this Firefox Addon.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies IPod Touch, IPhone and IPad,

Get Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with this sweet application. Now you can get the very intense Call of Duty: Black Ops zombies on your favorite Apple handheld. Slay massive hordes of zombies away from home with the IPod Touch, IPhone, and IPad adaptations of the game.