Skip to main content

NEW The Last of Us Interrogation Mode: Thoughts, and Opinions

      The Last of Us blew away store shelves a little over two months ago and has become a shocking phenomenon among the gaming community. Although the game was truly satisfying, both in the single player adventure and the multiplayer carnage, it was easy for players to grow bored after an excessive amount of time. Don't get me wrong, the game was amazing, but I felt as if the launch copy of the game had run it's course on me (at least for a while). So I told myself, "Hey, I'll get back into the game when those fine developer at Naughty Dog release some new content!" Sure enough, to my complete surprise, their team released a new game type for the multiplayer component of the game yesterday. The game type is entitled "Interrogation", and it's fucking brutal!


Check out this stellar new game type!


     My initial thoughts of the game mode were that it was nothing different from what I had already seen. The maps were all laid out the same, the fighting style wasn't all that much of a change, and the kill or be killed type of gritty gameplay remained the same. However, I was also able to spot and quickly appreciate minor gameplay element changes, such as the initial process of an interrogation. Pretty much, you down an opposing team member, strut your way up to them as they attempt to crawl away, and then you hit the button prompting you to "Interrogate". Essentially, the interrogation is a special execution that takes a bit more time to complete. This simple gameplay element was in fact genius on Naughty Dog's part, and I'll tell you why. In a single word, challenge!

A "friendly" exchange of information!
     My initial thought after downing an enemy was to charge in as fast as I could and perform an interrogation maneuver. I quickly learned that this type of gameplay style most often won't be utilized correctly. Right before I was about to perform an interrogation, an opposing team member was able to sneak their way right up behind me and place a knife to my throat. Instead of performing an interrogation, I was being interrogated. Following the sequence, the oh so generous gentleman with a blade to my neck finished me off, with a fucking throat slitting! The long story short, you have to be aware of your surroundings before you try to get the information you need.

     Well, that is my initial impression of the game mode after a single match (yes, just one). I'm sad to still be left in the dark as a The Last of Us season pass holder, as I am really anticipating some NEWLY designed dynamic content. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a single-player expansion, or an infected multiplayer mode. I shouldn't worry as much though, Naughty Dog never seems to disappoint.


   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Batman: Arkham City "Pay Your Respects" Achievement/Trophy Guide

Get some help earning the "Pay Your Respect" achievement/trophy in Batman: Arkham City.  

Firefox Add-on Helps Earn Swagbucks using Swagbucks TV

Learn how to earn from Swagbucks TV without doing anything with this Firefox Addon.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies IPod Touch, IPhone and IPad,

Get Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with this sweet application. Now you can get the very intense Call of Duty: Black Ops zombies on your favorite Apple handheld. Slay massive hordes of zombies away from home with the IPod Touch, IPhone, and IPad adaptations of the game.