Skip to main content

(PS3) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Is Looking Good

Close up on Nathan Drake's attire for UC3
     Lately I have seen a large amount of Uncharted 3 content featured on the PS Blog. This content has ranged from Game Trailers and Demos to Behind the Scenes Peeks and Multiplayer. Today I really want to steer this post into the direction of Uncharted 3's Multiplayer mode. Do not get me wrong, I believe that everything in this game is going to be unbelievably amazing, but I really want to talk about what components and previews of the U3 Multiplayer I have seen and heard so far.

     I would like to start off by officially stating that the Multiplayer of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was insanely awesome. I found myself having so much fun and can say that I have lost countless hours of my time devoted to U2's Multiplayer (not as much as I spent devoted to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Multiplayer because I lost 20 full days in total of my life and will never be getting them back). Now I am going to say that after taking a look at the trailer for Uncharted 3's Multiplayer, I will probably waste a whole lot more time worshiping Drake's Deception's Multiplayer.


     From what I have heard, watched and read I have learned many things about Uncharted 3's Multiplayer Mode. One of the coolest things I have learned about this feature of the game is that full customization is available. In the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer trailer it was infinitely clear that you will be able to customize everything about your player. What I know as of now is that you will be able to customize your online character's attire and weapons (believe me when I say there will probably be a whole lot more surprises).

     From the Multiplayer trailer that I watched, I saw that one of the features that will be available is the customization of weapons. It looks like you will be able to add attachments to your weapons, which is something we have not yet seen in the Uncharted series, and change the overall look of you gun. This feature appears to put an end to having to pick up different guns from all around the map. Instead of starting with the standard AK-47, you will get to start the match off with a weapon of your choosing.

     Another thing that is I saw from the Multiplayer trailer was destructible environments. Building were blown to pieces, fighter planes unleashed fire on ground forces. In Uncharted 2's Multiplayer there was something similar to this where an event beyond the player's control would occur, such as on the train crash map where on of the trains on the far side of the map would just fall over the cliff. I believe that this feature will be returning and I am extremely hopeful of it because this is one of the things that gives Uncharted's Multiplayer some cinematic magic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Batman: Arkham City "Pay Your Respects" Achievement/Trophy Guide

Get some help earning the "Pay Your Respect" achievement/trophy in Batman: Arkham City.  

Firefox Add-on Helps Earn Swagbucks using Swagbucks TV

Learn how to earn from Swagbucks TV without doing anything with this Firefox Addon.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies IPod Touch, IPhone and IPad,

Get Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with this sweet application. Now you can get the very intense Call of Duty: Black Ops zombies on your favorite Apple handheld. Slay massive hordes of zombies away from home with the IPod Touch, IPhone, and IPad adaptations of the game.