Skip to main content

My Top 5 Games of 2011


2011 was a huge year for me in the sense of video games. From the beginning of the year all the way through December hot titles were flying onto the shelves leaving us gamers begging for a mystical item that could fill our wallets.

1. Batman: Arkham City (XBOX 360, PS3, PC)


Why?
Rocksteady was able to create a game that plunges gamers into the shoes of the Dark Knight himself. I found myself thrown into may situations in which I had to plan my attack and think, strategically of course, like Batman to get the job done.


2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (WII)

Why?
I always found the Legend of Zelda to be amazing and when I finally got my hands on the newest installment I was thrilled. The developers were able to freshen up what was to be expected from Zelda, reinvent it completely, create an in-depth plot, and utilize the game for amazing use with the Wii's motion controls.


3. Little Big Planet 2 (PS3)



Why?
Media Molecule created a game that allows players to create their own games. A very smart idea on the developers part because their is always fresh content being produced. With a massive amount of creative tools and techniques players can create playable multiplayer games, films, and more.

4. Battlefield 3 (XBOX 360, PS3, PC)



Why?
Battlefield 3 was released in mid-October and was powered by the critically acclaimed Frostbite 2 engine. The engine was implemented and, in my opinion, delivered an amazing battle experience. Yes, the console versions were not as impressive as the PC's, but still the game blew me away.

5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)


Our latest Uncharted 3 footage.
Why? 
The developers at Naughty Dog were able to create a compelling story (although it did feel a little less than full). They chucked gamers into history changing treasure hunt that turned our favored Nathan Drake into a reckless son of a bitch. Tensions were high, emotions were pouring out, and hundreds of year old homes were being burned down. I loved every second of it, and when I was done I spent a large amount of time battling it out in their revamped multiplayer mode.


What are your favorite games of 2011? Leave a comment below and let me know.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Batman: Arkham City "Pay Your Respects" Achievement/Trophy Guide

Get some help earning the "Pay Your Respect" achievement/trophy in Batman: Arkham City.  

Firefox Add-on Helps Earn Swagbucks using Swagbucks TV

Learn how to earn from Swagbucks TV without doing anything with this Firefox Addon.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies IPod Touch, IPhone and IPad,

Get Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with this sweet application. Now you can get the very intense Call of Duty: Black Ops zombies on your favorite Apple handheld. Slay massive hordes of zombies away from home with the IPod Touch, IPhone, and IPad adaptations of the game.